Happy Mother’s Day! LOL
I truly believe that Mother’s Day is everyday and not just in the month of May. As moms, we do so much for others and while that’s good, it’s even greater to take a moment and pamper self and salute other moms in the tribe.
ProFlowers is a company that I truly love – they understand that the little things can make a mom smile, laugh, dance and cry.
Recently, I partnered with ProFlowers on a campaign and selected (3) amazing women to salute – my mom and two best-friends. These women are warriors and have been through so much and all I wanted to do was put a smile on their face. Sounds simple, but not always easy.
I salute moms, mothers, grand-moms, friends and caretakers who simply (may) want to quit. Let me say, it is okay to quit for a day and do you. Happy Mother’s Day!!!
“It’s Okay to Quit…..”
Motivational Speaker – Veraunda Jackson
1. Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!
2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting mad when they tell your secrets!
3. Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don’t want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you…or they don’t!
4. Quit complaining about things you can’t and won’t change!
5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!
6. Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture aren’t going to matter three weeks from now! Talk solutions…and then implement them!
7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can’t quit…eat smaller portions!
8. Quit buying things when we know we can’t afford them! If you don’t have self control, then quit going to the stores! Quit charging things, especially when you don’t NEED them!
9. Quit staying in unhealthy relationships! It is not okay for people to verbally or physically abuse you! So quit lying to yourself! It is not okay to stay in the marriage for the children! Ask them and they will tell you that they really would prefer to see you happy and that the misery you and your spouse/partner are living with is affecting them!
10. Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! -Start telling them you don’t want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin, uncle, or aunt! Go back to #5 minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!
11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN’T WORK! Quit cussing people out when you know that they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!
12. Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!
13. Quit volunteering for things that you aren’t getting any personal fulfillment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!
14. Quit listening to the naysayers! Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!
15. Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can’t do what you want to do!
16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers…and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing isn’t working for you…then quit it!
17. Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality!- Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past…you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! JUST QUIT IT …… and START DOING something to create the experience you want!
“Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy and kindness.”