Like us at Twitter and post a comment to WIN a basket of decadent sweet Hershey Chocolates. Winners (2) announced, September 25, 2011.
At The Brand New Mommy, it’s all about creating dynamic, motivating, and empowering relationships; relevant discussions and celebrating REAL people making moves. With that said, allow me to introduce our new weekly feature – The Brand New Mommy Power Mom Profile.
Many people think this blog is about being a brand new mommy and giving physical birth – it’s not!
TBNM is about POSSIBILITIES for moms seeking reinvention, renewal and redefining their personal brand post childbirth AND that could be launching a new business or product.
I empower all ‘brand’ new moms to reach for the galaxy and support all that is renewal at TBNM.
Meet our spotlight ‘Power’ Mom: Kristin Harper, Marketing Director, and Global Innovation at The Hershey Company
1) Marital Status: Married
2) Children/Ages: Celeste, 9; Montgomery almost 3; Prescott 3 months
3) Describe proudest Brand New Mommy moment? Spending this summer at home with my 3 children while on maternity leave was amazing! To be able to focus on them uninterrupted and without the stress that comes with balancing a career and community involvement was a special gift.
4) Most challenging Brand New Mommy moment? Finding quiet time. Now I understand why some of my friends get up at 4 and 5 in the morning! I’m not going to that extreme, but I’ve definitely been a lot more diligent about the kids’ bedtimes so my husband and I can have at least 2 hours to self each night.
5) How do you renew your personal brand daily? I listen to Gospel music during my commute and pray throughout the day to stay connected to my power source. I look for ways to achieve personal fulfillment by adding value and stretching beyond my comfort zones. I solicit feedback (from myself and others) so I can sharpen my skills and deliver even better results. Right now, I’m learning how to use my words more wisely while I’m reading an enlightening book: “30 Days to Taming Your Tongue.”
6) Define Kristin in 1-2 sentences? It’s funny, I just went to a women conference in which we were challenged to write a 30-second elevator speech on who we are. So this is a timely question.
I am a Chief Transformation Officer. Whether it’s a new business idea or a broken relationship that needs mending, Kristin Harper identifies the need, casts a vision and then transforms that vision into reality.
7) Are you living your passion? Absolutely. I recall a journal entry from college when I wrote that I wanted to be a wife, mother, businesswoman and community leader. Now, 15 years later I’m married to my best friend, have 3 amazing children, am doing what I love and getting paid for it, and providing service to the community through my Sorority and church. Life is great, and I am blessed!
If you are a ‘Brand’ ‘Power’ Mommy, let us feature and promote your brand. Email us at email@example.com